For creating web application we should follow standard directory structure provided by sun MicroSystem. Sun MicroSystem has given directory structure to make a web application server independent.
According to directory structure
- An application contain root folder with any name.
- Under root folder a sub folder is required with a name WEB-INF.
- Under WEB-INF two sub folder are required classes and lib.
- All jar files placed inside lib folder.
- Under root folder src folder are place for .java files
- Under root folder or under WEB-INF any other folders can exits.
- All image, html, .js, jsp, etc files are placed inside root folder
- All .class files placed inside classes folder.