SQL Commands are mainly classified into four types, which are DDL command, DML command, TCL command and DCL command.
SQL is mainly divided into four sub language
- Data Definition Language(DDL)
- Data Manipulation Language(DML)
- Transaction Control Language(TCL)
- Data Control Language(DCL)
Only for remember
You can easily remember all these SQL command like below;
- DDL Commands: "dr. cat" d-drop, r-remane, c-create, a-alter, t-truncate.
- DML Commands: "sudi". s-select, u-update, d-delete, i-insert.
- TCL Commands: These commands are related to transaction, commands are: Commit, Rollback, Savepoint