Data Structure in C
Data Structures in C
Data structures are used to store data in a computer in an organized form. In C Programming Language Different types of data structures are; Array, Stack, Queue, Linked List, Tree. In term of computer programming language, a data structure may be selected or designed to store data for the purpose of working on it with various algorithms
Data Structure in C Programming Language is a specialized format for organizing and storing data. In General data structure types include the file, array, record, table, tree.. etc.
Data Structures in C are used to store data in an organised and efficient manner. The C Programming language has many data structures like an array, stack, queue, linked list, tree, etc. A programmer selects an appropriate data structure and uses it according to their convenience.
- Array: Array is collection of similar data type, you can insert and deleted element form array without follow any order.
- Stack: Stack work on the basis of Last-In-First-Out (LIFO). Last entered element removed first.
- Queue: Queue work on the basis of First-In-First-Out (FIFO). First entered element removed first.
- Linked List: Linked list is the collection of node, Here you can insert and delete data in any order.
- Tree: Stores data in a non linear form with one root node and sub nodes.
What is Algorithm
An algorithm is a set of instructions designed to perform a specific task. This can be a simple process, such as multiplying two numbers, or a complex operation, such as playing a compressed video file. Search engines use proprietary algorithms to display the most relevant results from their search index for specific queries.
An algorithm is a finite set instruction, which is written for solve any problem. Algorithm is not the complete code or program, it is just like a English language.
An Algorithm is a set of well-defined steps or rules that you need to follow to obtain a pre-determined result. For instance, when we talk about algorithms in computer programming, we already have our input and we know the expected output. Now, an algorithm would be all the defined steps to follow on the input to get the desired output.
Algorithm Flowchart Have Three Major Components
- Input: What we already know or the things we have to begin with.
- Algorithm: A set of sequenced steps that we need to follow one by one.
- Output: The expected results we need to achieve in the end.