- Client-side validation
- Dynamic drop-down menus
- Displaying date and time
- Validate user input in an HTML form before sending the data to a server.
- Build forms that respond to user input without accessing a server.
- Change the appearance of HTML documents and dynamically write HTML into separate Windows.
- Open and close new windows or frames.
- Manipulate HTML "layers" including hiding, moving, and allowing the user to drag them around a browser window.
- Build small but complete client side programs .
- Displaying popup windows and dialog boxes (like alert dialog box, confirm dialog box and prompt dialog box)
- Displaying clocks etc.