Uses of PHP
Uses of PHP
PHP is a scripting language generally used to make websites. PHP is mainly used for design server side applications. Actually PHP is a server side scripting language which is used for connect Web Page with a DataBase such as asp or jsp. Some basic uses of PHP are given below;
Uses of php
- It is used for create dynamic website.
- To Interacting with web server (Apache etc)
- To interacting with any back-end / database server e.g. MySQL
- To interaction with the native file system of the OS
- To implement the business logical layers (one or more)
- It can Encrypt Data
- Access Cookies variable and set cookies
- Using php you can restrict user to access specific web page
- PHP usually used to output HTML code to the browser
- Used for connect web application with DataBase
- It is used for send and receive E-Mails.
- You can use PHP to find today's date, and then build a calendar for the month.
- If you host banner advertisements on your website, you can use PHP to rotate them randomly.
- Using php you can count your visitors on your website.
- You can use PHP to create a special area of your website for members.
- Using php you can create login page for your user. Using php you can add, delete, modify elements within your database thru PHP. Access cookies variables and set cookies.
- Using PHP, you can restrict users to access some pages of your website.
- It can encrypt data.
- PHP performs system functions, i.e. from files on a system it can create, open, read, write, and close them.
- It can handle forms, i.e. gather data from files, save data to a file.
Why use php
- It runs on different platforms such as Windows, Linux, Unix, etc.
- This language is very simple to learn and runs efficiently on the server side.
- It is compatible with almost all servers used today,such as Apache, IIS, etc.
- It supports many databases such as MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL etc.
- It is perfectly suited for Web development and can be embedded directly into the HTML code.
- PHP can also be used to create dynamic web pages.
- It is often used together with Apache (web server) on various operating systems. It can be also used with Microsoft's IIS on Windows.
- It is open source and it is free downloadable
I hope you enjoy with this uses of php tutorial.