Features of PL/SQL
It have number of advantage over sql like it have error handling mechanism, reduce network traffic, better performance, highly secure, code re-usability.
- High performance: PL/SQL is high performance transaction processing language.
- Code Re-usability: It support code re-usability, it means no need to write code again and again same like SQL.
- Error Handling: when any error are occurred then it return user friendly error message.
- Procedural Language Capability: It consists of procedural language constructs such as conditional statements (if...else) and loops statements (for loop)
- Block Statement: It consists of blocks of code, which can be nested within each other. Each and every block forms a unit of a task or a logical module.
- Better performance: oracle engine processes multiple SQL statements simultaneously as a single block, due to this reducing network traffic.
- Declare variable: It give you control to declare variable and access them within the block.
- It support looping and conditional statements
- Reduce Network Traffic: oracle engine processes multiple SQL statements simultaneously as a single block, due to this reducing network traffic.
- Portable application: Applications are written in PL/SQL are portable in any available Operating system.