Features of C++
Features of C++
C++ is object oriented programming language and it is a very simple and easy language, It is the enhanced form of C programming language. this language have following features and here we discuss some important features of C++.
Important Features of C++
- Rich Library
- Platform Dependent
- Object Oriented
- Case Sensitive
- Compiler Based
- Syntax based language
- Use of Pointers
- Memory Management
- Powerful and Fast
Every C++ program can be written in simple English language so that it is very easy to understand and developed by programmer.
A language is said to be platform dependent whenever the program is execute in the same operating system where that was developed and compiled but not run and execute on other operating system. C++ is platform dependent language.
Note: .obj file of C++ program is platform dependent.
It is the concept of carrying the instruction from one system to another system. In C++ Language .cpp file contain source code, we can edit also this code. .exe file contain application, only we can execute this file. When we write and compile any C++ program on window operating system that program easily run on other window based system.
When we can copy .exe file to any other computer which contain window operating system then it works properly, because the native code of application an operating system is same.
C++ is a very powerful programming language, it have a wide verity of data types, functions, control statements, decision making statements, etc.
Object oriented Programming language
This main advantage of C++ is, it is object oriented programming language. It follow concept of oops like polymorphism, inheritance, encapsulation, abstraction.
Developers have access to lots of in-built functions provided by C++ language. This saves time & makes development fast. Let’s look at some of the C++ header files & functionalities provided by it. It is most important features of C++ programming language.
- <iostream>: Contains C++ standard input and output functions
- <iomanip>: Contains stream manipulators that format streams of data
- <cmath>: Contains math library functions
- <cstdlib>: Contains function for conversions of numbers to text and vise versa, memory allocation, random numbers and various other utility functions.
- <ctime>: Contains function for manipulating the time and date
- <fstream>: Contains function for functions that perform input from files on disk and output to files on disk
- <memory>: Contains classes and functions used by the C++ Standard Library to allocate memory to the C++ Standard Library containers
- <iterator>: Contains classes for accessing data in the C++ Standard Library containers
- <algorithm>: Contains functions for manipulating data in C++ Standard Library containers
C++ supports dynamic memory allocation. You can free the allocated memory at any time. Not only this C++ also provides dynamic memory management techniques.
C++ is a case sensitive programming language. In C++ programming 'break and BREAK' both are different.
If any language treats lower case latter separately and upper case latter separately than they can be called as case sensitive programming language [Example c, c++, java, .net are sensitive programming languages.] other wise it is called as case insensitive programming language [Example HTML, SQL is case insensitive programming languages].
C++ is a compiler based programming language that means without compilation no C++ program can be executed. First we need compiler to compile our program and then execute.
Syntax based language
C++ is a strongly tight syntax based programming language. If any language follow rules and regulation very strictly known as strongly tight syntax based language. Example C, C++, Java, .net etc. If any language not follow rules and regulation very strictly known as loosely tight syntax based language.
Efficient use of pointers
Pointers is a variable which hold the address of another variable, pointer directly direct access to memory address of any variable due to this performance of application is improve. In C++ language also concept of pointer are available.
Advantage of C++ Programming Language
- Abstract data type defining is very good
- C++ language is efficient having less compiled time.
- It is much suitable for large projects.
- Encapsulation, polymorphism, abstraction are the important properties of C++ language
- Objects, methods, instance, message passing, inheritance are some important properties inherited by this language
- C++ Programming is easy to maintain and modify existing code as new objects with small difference to existing ones.
- C++ Programming is implemented on real life scenario.
- The properties of inheritance make simple the program by complexity. Do not required to write again.
- Implementation details are hidden from other modules which represent a clearly defined interface.