Clock Problems Shortcut Tricks
A clock or a watch is an instrument which shows time at a moment. A clock has two hands, smaller hand is called short hand or hour hand. While larger hand is called long hand or minute hand.
Importation Point for Clock Problem
- A clock has two hands, smaller hand is called short hand or hour hand. While larger hand is called long hand or minute hand.
- Both hands of clock coincides in one hour
- In each 60 minutes, the minute hand gains 55 minutes on the hour hand
- When both the hands are at right angle, they are 15 minutes space apart
- Both hands are in straight line when they are opposite to each other or coincident to each other.
- Angle traced by hour hand in 12 hours = 360°
- Angle traced by minute hand in 60 minutes are 360°
- When both hour and minute hands are at right angle they are 15 minute apace apart
The angle bounded by the hands of a clock at 3:30 is
- (a) 60°
- (b) 45°
- (c) 75°
- (d) 90°
At 3:30 , the minute hand is at number 6. At 3:00 the hour hand was at number 3. Now it has moved 15 degree. Hence the angle between the two is ( 90 -15) = 75 degree. So, Answer is (c) 75°