Advantage of Computer
Advantage of Computer
Today computers are being used on a large scale everywhere, the biggest reason for this is that it works much faster than humans, it can do very large calculations in a few seconds. There are some Advantage of computer are;
- Computer is a very fast device.
- It is capable of performing calculation of very large amount of data.
- The computer has units of speed in microsecond, nanosecond.
- It can perform millions of calculations in a few seconds as compared to man who will spend many months for doing the same task.
- In addition to being very fast, computers are very accurate.
- The calculations are 100% error free.
- Computers perform all jobs with 100% accuracy provided that correct input has been given.
- Memory is a very important characteristic of computers.
- A computer has much more storage capacity than human beings.
- It can store large amount of data.
- It can store any type of data such as images, videos, text, audio and many others.
- Memory is divided into four parts; KB(kilobytes), MB(Megabytes), GB(Gigabytes) and TB(Terabytes).
- Unlike human beings, a computer is free from monotony, tiredness and lack of concentration.
- It can work continuously without any error and boredom.
- It can do repeated work with same speed and accuracy.
- A computer is a very versatile machine.
- A computer is very flexible in performing the jobs to be done.
- This machine can be used to solve the problems related to various fields.
- At one instance, it may be solving a complex scientific problem and the very next moment it may be playing a card game.
- A computer is a reliable machine.
- Modern electronic components have long lives.
- Computers are designed to make maintenance easy.
- Computer is an automatic machine.
- Automation means ability to perform the given task automatically.
- Once a program is given to computer i.e., stored in computer memory, the program and instruction can control the program execution without human interaction.
Reduction in Paper Work
- The use of computers for data processing in an organization leads to reduction in paper work and results in speeding up a process.
- As data in electronic files can be retrieved as and when required, the problem of maintenance of large number of paper files gets reduced.
Reduction in Cost
- Though the initial investment for installing a computer is high but it substantially reduces the cost of each of its transaction.
- Each instruction has to be given to computer.
- A computer cannot take any decision on its own.
A Computer is a :-
- Used in
- Trade and