What is Webmaster Tool
Webmaster tool (Google Search Console) are free services which is provided by google, using this tool you check indexing status, get detail about 404 error on your website if any, searches of your keyword etc. As of May 20, 2015, Google re-branded Google Webmaster Tools as Google Search Console.
Why use Webmaster Tools
- Check indexing status of your website url
- Submit and check a sitemap.
- View statistics about when Googlebot accesses a particular site.
- Check and set the crawl rate
- List internal and external pages that link to the site
- Get notifications from Google for manual penalties.
- Get detail about 404 error on your website if any
- Check title tag detail about title is duplicate or too long
- Check meta tag detail about; duplicate or too long or too short
Main Guideline of Google Webmaster
- Don't use duplicate content on your website
- Don't hide contents
- Don't use keyword stuffing technique
- Make unique title tag for each page